CONFLICTS RESOLVED ON YOUR TERMS
Resolving Marine Industry Disputes Throughout the Great Lakes and Great Rivers Region of the United States
- The Mediator is a “Third Party” to a dispute, acting as a neutral, and does not “take sides” with any Party in a dispute.
- Mediations and all proceedings are Confidential, and all Parties agree that they remain confidential.
- The Mediator’s role is to facilitate discussion with and between the Parties and to seek a resolution to the dispute on their terms.
- Settlement agreements in Mediation are enforceable, legal agreements which are the product of the terms the Parties provide.
- The Parties are requested to provide the Mediator with an outline of their positions in the dispute, and a Mediation Hearing is scheduled.
- At the Mediation Hearing, whether conducted in person or online, the Mediator will hear opening statements from each Party to help identify the issues and their respective positions and will participate with the Parties to find common ground for a resolution of the dispute.
- At the request of the Parties, or in the discretion of the Mediator, the Parties interact with the Mediator in group sessions or individually.
- When an agreement is reached, it is written and signed by each Party and is an enforceable, legal document.
Copyright GREAT LAKES DISPUTE RESOLUTION, LLC
All rights reserved